Search This Blog

3/08/2015

Forgive Them For They Know Not What They Do

I was told that just recently.  The person is a good person and he told me that he had been through some of the things that I had just been through.  I never realized that others could go through the same things that I had just happened to me.
People can be so cruel and do things that they think they are having the best intentions.  They do not think that they are actually hurting others by their words and actions.  Today we call that bullying.  The emphasis is on children, but I am not a child and it happens more so than not to adults too. Oh I was called names and this that and the other thing.  I was slandered for what I am and what I am called to do.  I have been there before, but somehow this hurt more than the other times.

Why do people think it is right to put others through their fires?  I am not sure, but it is not right.  This will happen for the rest of my life.  I am not so sure that I can handle much more of this slander and name calling and bullying.  There comes a time where you are at the end of your rope.  Well I am right now. I thought that I could not take anymore.

Then I got a private e-mail telling me that they had also seen the nasty message and reported them.  I reported them too.  I also got a message that told me that they were at that point to and then they reminded me of a scripture in the Bible.  It was where Jesus was on the cross and he told God, 
Forgive Them for They Know Not What They Do.

Forgiving others when they put you in pain and degrade you and tell the world not to trust anything that you say or believe is quite difficult. Forgive them we must and then move on.  Jesus told his disciples and Apostles to go tell the world of all his teaching and miracles.  He also said that if they do not want to hear what they had to say, then to just move on.  Someone else will listen.  He did not say to criticize then, reproach them or judge them.  He did not say to convert anyone.  He only wanted his people to tell the world of his teachings.

Jesus knew that he said and did things that the authorities did not like.  He wasn’t even liked in his own town.  He knew that he would get flack, but he trudged on with his message.  To this day many do not believe what he told others.  There would be no church if everyone did believe what he said and I think that is the consternation of those who are taught to believe that they must attend church and it has to be their word verses anyone else’s words. 


No matter how hard things seem to be, I will remember what this friend told me; 
Forgive them for they know not what they do.


© Debra K. Allen a.k.a Lady Guinevere

I researched and wrote this article. Please do not copy and paste any part of this article, picture included for your own use. I will find you and report you for stealing.  It is my right to change any information therein at any time and/or change the location of my article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment